The Extraction Process For CBD Oil
Updated: Jan 22, 2020
How do we extract CBD oil from hemp to begin with?
Our goal is to get the best benefits to our customers that the hemp plant has to offer. These benefits come from cannabinoid's, terpenes, amino acids, flavonoids, and other healthy chemical elements within the flower of the hemp plant. Different varieties of hemp plants produce different spectrums of these naturally occurring compounds. The extraction process alleviates many of the issues with consistency, and unwanted psychoactive components like THC that many people prefer to not consume.
The Basics of How CBD Products are Made
1. Hemp is sourced from a variety of domestic US farms in Colorado, California, Oregon, Kentucky and many other states.
2. The beneficial elements to consumers are in the flower of the hemp plant. The removal of these elements is done by stripping them from the flower of the plants by means of a chemical separation process known as extraction. The end product is raw hemp oil.
3. Extracted, raw hemp oil can then go through further distillation processes separating many different distinctive cannabinoid extracts such as CBD, CBDA, CBDV, CBG and CBN. THC and THCA can be remediated from full spectrum hemp oil which transforms it into a THC free or “broad-spectrum” oil.
4. An additional process known as Crystallization is required to produce CBD isolate. This is a raw material that is the purest form of CBD available. Many consumer products require consistency of active ingredients and no THC. To achieve his level of purity many manufacturers opt to use this form of CBD.
5. CBD is then combined with carrier oils like coconut oil to create CBD oil tinctures and topical products.
Element Rx CBD
All of Element Rx CBD products use hemp derived CBD isolate and broad-spectrum oil. When choosing consumer goods that contain CBD it’s good to know if the product was derived from the hemp or marijuana plant. Does the company have a track record of 3rd party testing? Is there transparency and clarity in the ingredients listed on the product labeling? These are just a few questions and factors to consider when deciding which product is right for you. At Element Rx we are proud to offer only hemp derived and THC free (broad-spectrum) CBD products to our customers. Learn more about our third party testing and best management manufacturing practices by clicking on this link: www.elementrxcbd.com/lab-testing-results.